IntenseDebate – all new way of commenting
IntenseDebate is a new plugin to handle your comments. IntenseDebate comments enhances and encourages conversation on blogs or websites. With Intense Debate you can give your blog readers the opportunity to better engage your blog’s content and each other. It offers numerous features that makes improves the commenting experience, like our Reply By Email functionality which enables you to reply to and moderate comments via email!
IntenseDebate supports a variety of platforms. It offers an automated install process for WordPress, Blogger, TypePad, and Tumblr with more along the way!
In order to get started, visit www.intensedebate.com and enter your blog or website url and select “Get Intense Debate.” Follow the steps through the install process (You need to setup your preferences on intensedebate and download the plugin. Install the zip file as you would normally do with other plugins and activate the plugin. Adjust the settings and you are done!). If you have any questions, or run into any issues with your installation, you may contact email@example.com.
Following are the cool features offered:
- Comment Threading (Improve the conversation within the comment section and reply directly to an individual comment. Indented replies make following various conversations manageable.)
- Reply-By-Email (Respond to and moderate comments with ease via email, even if you’re on the go. Just because you’re away from your computer doesn’t mean the conversation stops.)
- Importing/Exporting Comments
- Commenter Profiles
- Reputation Points & Comment Voting (Each IntenseDebate user has a reputation attached to their identity that is displayed whenever they make a comment. The reputation value serves as a quick overview of a commenter’s history and is based on the quantity, and more importantly the quality, of the comments they’ve made.)
- Moderation/Blacklisting (supports email notification for a comment. When you receive an email notification you can respond to the comment directly via email. If you are the blog admin then you can also moderate the comment via email. All you have to do is enter your response (or moderation command) and hit send.)
- Widgets ( blog’s comment stats, the most recent comments made on your blog, your most popular posts on your blog, the most recent comments you’ve made, even who the top IntenseDebaters are)
- RSS Readers & Tracking
- HTML Formatting
I found comment threading, smiley, polls and youtube video features extremely useful.