Gujarat International Finance Tech-City – GIFT
Projected to be completed by 2017, GIFT is conceptualized as a global financial and IT services hub, a first of its kind in India, designed to be at or above par with globally benchmarked financial centers. It shall be supported by state of the art internal infrastructure encompassing all basic urban infrastructure elements along with an excellent external connectivity.
The Project Site for GIFT is located at a distance of about 12 kms from the Ahmedabad International Airport and 8 kms from Gandhinagar. The site is in close proximity to the National Highway (NH8) which is a four lane facility and connects Ahmedabad and Delhi on its western periphery. The western periphery of the site abuts the Sabarmati river banks.
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi’s Dream Project:
GIFT would be designed to meet the following needs:
• Business environment
• State-of-the art infrastructure benchmarked to global standards
• Integrated townships
• Potential for being structured as an SEZ with associated benefits
The infrastructure that could exist at GIFT is briefly articulated hereafter:
- Completely Wired City: GIFT would be completely wired City equipped with High Speed IP based networks.
- Connectivity to International Fibre Landing System (IFLS): It is proposed to have firm links and connectivity to IFLS for GIFT to ensure infinite bandwidth.
- Wireless Access for Mobile users: The GIFT would offer ubiquitous broadband access, which will encourage work productivity, personal communication and entertainment on the go.
- Intelligent Buildings Services: The GIFT would use technology in building intelligent buildings
- Data Centres: The GIFT would build Information Data Centre (IDC) buildings in secure locations, fully connected to various premises within the proposed GIFT. The data centres would be equipped with disaster recovery facilities.
- Shared IT Services Centres: A high-tech totally wired city with advanced Data Centre facility would give rise to Shared Services Centres (SSCs). SSCs would focus on providing commonly used on-line transactional processing helping in providing plug-and-play solutions to the various businesses. This would also include access to National and Global Stock Markets.
For more info: visit http://www.gujintlfintecity.co.in/